- RSS Channel Showcase 1327202
- RSS Channel Showcase 3921645
- RSS Channel Showcase 6167173
- RSS Channel Showcase 2216165
Articles on this Page
- 02/17/17--09:41: _Philadelphia: Googl...
- 02/22/17--18:33: _Meetup's Template F...
- 04/14/17--10:37: _Nonprofit Tech Club...
- 08/19/17--17:00: _Article 6
- 04/24/17--13:23: _Meetup Tip: How to ...
- 05/10/17--15:39: _What is NetSquared ...
- 08/19/17--17:00: _Article 3
- 06/07/17--12:52: _#Net2 Kitchener-Wat...
- 06/13/17--13:34: _NetSquared Office H...
- 06/21/17--11:46: _Malware discussion ...
- 09/19/17--22:17: _Article 7
- 09/19/17--22:17: _Article 4
- 09/08/17--09:28: _#NPTechClubATX Vide...
- 02/17/17--09:41: Philadelphia: Google AdWords for Nonprofits
- 02/22/17--18:33: Meetup's Template Feature Now Available
- 04/14/17--10:37: Nonprofit Tech Club Austin: GivBee Product Spotlight
- 08/19/17--17:00: Article 6
- 04/24/17--13:23: Meetup Tip: How to Message Your Members
- 05/10/17--15:39: What is NetSquared Buffalo?
- 08/19/17--17:00: Article 3
- 06/07/17--12:52: #Net2 Kitchener-Waterloo: Offsite Hosting
- 06/13/17--13:34: NetSquared Office Hours: June 2017
- 06/21/17--11:46: Malware discussion at NetSquared Kitchener-Waterloo meetup
- 09/19/17--22:17: Article 7
- 09/19/17--22:17: Article 4
In this Net Tuesday slideshow podcast from Philly Net Squared, Ali Wilson, senior PPC associate at Seer Interactive, describes how nonprofits can use Google AdWords
Video report from the October 12, 2016 Nonprofit Tech Club Austin meetup.
GivBee is a messaging platform that considers itself to be, "the simplest, most effective way to engage people in your world." We are intrigued!
Gabe Veach represents GivBee in Austin. He shares with us how the platform works and how it can support your nonprofit work.
"If you’re not communicating with attendees, exhibitors and staff by text, then you’re simply not using the best tool for the job." Learn more about EVENTText, one component of this versatile platform, by following the link above.
Video report from the NetSquared Kitchener-Waterloo May 8 meeting. Video courtesy of Gheorghe Curelet-Balan.
Where are your servers? Are you self-hosting? Have you thought about professional hosting? What services does a professional hosting service offer? Do you need shared hosting? Do you need a VPS? What's a VPS? What's a colocation site? How much will all this cost?
Come share your experiences with self-hosting, shared hosting, and VPSes. Bob and Marc have the questions, and special guest Mark Steffen from indieServe Networks will have the answers.
See you at the meeting!
--Bob Jonkman and Marc Paré
Here’s the video from today’s NetSquared office hours. My thanks to Roshani Kothari and Robert Kibaya for co-hosting.
Video from NetSquared Kitchener-Waterloo, June 12, 2017.
Are you protected from malware? On your desktop computers? On your servers? Does your staff have malware protection at home? Is anti-virus software enough? What's "ransomware"? What's the difference between a virus, a trojan, and a phishing attack? Does it matter? How do you protect yourself from malware? What's the best way to react to a malware outbreak? How do you recover from a malware attack?
We'll share our experiences in a round table discussion, and perhaps have a guest from the industry to provide some of the answers.
--Marc Paré and Bob Jonkman
Video from Nonprofit Tech Club Austin's August 23 meetup.
Ivy Le, Principal of 9 Terrains in Austin, shares her insights into how nonprofits can better understand algorithms, and develop ways to listen to and monitor the opinions and actions of those who disagree with positions nonprofits are advocating. With this in mind, Ivy shares her thoughts about ways in which nonprofits can learn to "message" across partisan lines.
"From dating websites and City trading floors, through to online retailing and internet searches (Google's search algorithm is now a more closely guarded commercial secret than the recipe for Coca-Cola), algorithms are increasingly determining our collective futures. 'Bank approvals, store cards, job matches and more all run on similar principles,' says Ball. 'The algorithm is the god from the machine powering them all, for good or ill.'" -The Guardian